my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Monday, July 5, 2010

The mirror effect

Its been a hell of a weekend emotionally. I was prepared for talks, I was prepared to stand my ground and I was prepared to come clean. In a flash it was augmented at just how much I needed to do it and even with my mental preparations, the tears flowed freely.

A very good friend emailed me last night to ask me why I did not confront it 5 months ago when I was faced with it. My response was fear. I realized this morning that 5 months ago I had not even begun to know that I needed a mirror. I never had the tools and I was in denial to myself about whom it is I really am. In 5 months I see that I have grown; perhaps not as much as I would like because my impatience with myself is something that I am dealing with on a different level in my psyche. But in 5 months I have started coming to terms with everything I have done and all the work I need to do to move forward.

I started with my body and I started with my diet. These were the two things that I knew I could deal with and could feel good about as I would see a physical difference and we all need a little recognition when we have a purpose. 3 months ago I snapped and 3 months ago I found the mirror and 3 months ago I started with the basic tools that many have already when they are in their teens. I cant blame anyone for who I am today, except myself, but I do realize that I have been emotionally stunted because of the emotionless upbringing that I had. It was a sink or swim situation and my survival technique kicked in and I swam, to stay alive. I didn’t have the time to worry about emotions.

As I sit here I realize how much I could have missed if the realities had not come crashing down on me like a landslide in a rocky mountainous region. I am the one to blame and I am the one that needs to fix it up. Perhaps its too late in certain areas – time will tell, but I can only try. I am coming to terms with my emotions and I am burying my fear of facing those emotions. I go back to my loves’ saying of – there are none so blind as those who do not see. My vision has been impaired for a while, although it wasn’t always, so now I sit here and I start letting the tears roll so that I can clear my vision again and look on at myself with new eyes, new hopes, new aspirations, perhaps it’s the mirror that I’ve cleaned up with my tears as well.

I feel exceptionally fragile and drained right now but I feel lighter and like I have found my first building block towards my future. As I sit here I sit here in all realities as a single man who now has a stepping stone to take a leap of faith forward and find the next stones that I can step with as I move along. The most encouraging thing is that I know I am not alone. The worst thing is that I have also somehow pulled a muscle in my gluteus and I am battling to sit normally. It is funny really, but sore.

I have love in my life and I have support from the most special people in my life. The mirror has shown me this weekend that the cleansing of the soul is the seed to creating and growing of the love I need for myself.

I’ve made a solid promise to myself to continue forward so that I can grow and flourish.

3 comments:

  1. I am slowly putting a picture together. I agree with your friend who e-mailed you, you shoould have dealt with this 5 months back. I know that you said that you were not ready, not strong enough, but what about the situation and the people concerned. Confront what needed to be confronted. Was that fair? You talk of fear, your growth, did you not think that to leave a situation is a coward's ways out. Time also can distort the reality.

    Pleased to read, that in this blog you are being honest, acknowledging fault's, and also acknowleding your flaws and strengh, and I hope taking responsibility. This is very admirable, and shows you are a person of ethical qualities. You have most definitly grown as a person. I re-read most of your blogs after reading this entry of today. Today's post tolde more about you, and you life. When you hit an obstacle, or you get a curved ball, don't discard, but rather embrace and resolve.

    I admireand commend you on your dedication of being honest and communicating your inner self.

    Wishing you well, and good rest.

    Its a great winter's evening here in Cape Town, my wife and I have just retuned from a brisk walk with our daughter's on the beach.
    Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing "TIGHT ASS"

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning H.

    Was sad reading this. Thinking of you.
    R

    ReplyDelete