my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Passion; the survival formula?

I’ve always been passionate about life. Every day for me is a lovely day and I constantly love watching sunrises and sunsets. These mark the start of, and end of, the glory we have every day – our lives! I fondly remember sailing in Japan and how many of the older Japanese folk would stand on deck and applaud the setting sun. It felt spiritual to me in a way. When I feel directionless, like I feel at the moment, I can generally rely on nature to make me realize how great life really is, with its highs and lows that make us feel alive! At the moment not even the sunrise or sunset is helping for me.
By brother always says ‘find your passion!’ I think it’s so true that we all need to find our passion but every now and then our passion changes, so we go in search of a new passion. I’m in search of that exact passion as we speak and it’s not always easy to find. Today I had time to think about my passions and it seems that I have many things that I like, but am unsure if they are passions.
So, let’s look at what I think ‘being passionate’ is about.
I think it has to be something I like. Something I like a lot! How do I break that difference down is part of the quarry I am in. I seem to have many things that I like and many others that I like A LOT!!!
I think brainstorming sometimes helps when you are with friends. Your friends often pick up on what you are good at and most times you don’t see that. So it’s a good thing to brain storm with those who know you, but it could also confuse matters as it does for me. Then again I go back to - you must like something a lot, and many times the things that you are good at, are things you never thought of as liking, and many times you don’t like them ‘a lot’, you just do them!
I’ve researched my many likes, I’ve often enough even tried them. I know better not to give up my day job until such time as I am sure that I can live off it but in many occasions I would need start up cash to make a go of it and so we circle around to the same thing again. What do I like a lot, to take a chance on?
I also think that we are in such a competitive world that your likes are not only about being good at what you like, but being professional at them as well. If people are going to pay you for something it has to be in a professional notch.
What can I do - that I like - as a professional…. Let me count the ways, without sounding conceited…
I’m not giving up, I think that’s the biggest message. Never give up! Never give up searching if you have not found your passion. It’s the one thing that keeps me moving forward. Richard Branson said, in one of his biographies, that it takes 99 fall downs to make you reach 1 good achievement!
I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve tried, but it does not stop me…. The energized ever-ready bunny!
I do take opinions though so feel free to comment. We all need a helping hand in this life and that is what makes life passionate for me.
We are all in it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment