my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Be well

Over the past few weeks I’ve been looking at how I attract things into my life, when I attract them and what are the seeming processes prior to getting to these peak states that I’ve been achieving. I remember the night I decided I needed to relook at myself, the night I stripped all my clothes off and had a real good look at who I was, what I didn’t like about myself, what I did like about myself and then I looked into my eyes and started picking and noting the things that I wanted to change.

I cried that night when I looked at how much of me I wanted to change. I remember putting on my underwear, making a cup of coffee, sitting at my dining room table with pen and paper in hand and I began to write from the top what it was I wanted to change.

1. My body
2. My diet

There is a lot on that list of mine and I have been working through it as I go along. Four months ago I decided to look at my elephant and see how I could eat it one chunk at a time. These were the two that I started with, that I thought were manageable for me to deal with and then the rest I would take one bight at a time.

I sat with my friend tonight and we were chatting about how my body is changing and how I feel like my biorhythms are getting to be in a better place. I know the endorphins that are released through my gym work – outs, ballet classes, mountain climbing, walks along the beach and watching the way I have been eating has made a startling difference to the person I saw in the mirror. I know its sounds very superficial taking care of the outside, but its all part of me and who I am. This body is my body and this mind and these emotions are all mine, so I need to start someplace and that’s what Ive done.

Im not talking about the fact that Ive gone from being little Lotta to the Incredible Hulk but rather that I notice and see the difference in myself and after all, we are our biggest critics in everything we do. I know the healthier eating habits have not only contributed towards a healthier body, but also to a healthier mind and all these little things combined make for a better stronger person; spiritually , mentally and emotionally.

I feel proud that my friend has noticed the changes in me and my body, but I feel prouder still that I started with my list and that I am seeing some results bear fruit!

Ill be leaving for Barcelona on Friday and will be out of Cape Town for two weeks spending time with my loved ones, my dogs and my family! It’s a very exciting prospect and I may not have time to blog every day but I will try to blog at least a few times.

Now I am adding some summer to the healthier body and healthier mind ( with a lot of sunscreen) but I think that I may even get a boost with a good dose of Vitamin D. What I do know is that I feel like the attraction of good things is aligning itself to me and my life right now and a great way to leave for a vacation. I actually think I deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment