my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Diversity

One of my most special friends commented to me the other night that he enjoyed what I wrote about as he found it very honest and diversified in theme. I think its where my mind is at right now. Not specifically going through one thing but facing the huge amounts of turmoil’s, ideas, creative eruptions and more, all at once. They are sporadic and sometimes very disconnected. Exactly how I feel at the moment. For years I thought of myself as a Jack of all trades Master of none. I get excited by the amounts of interesting things there are in the world to learn about, do, partake in and try. Does that make me Master of none? Im now realizing that no, I am a master of many more things than I ever thought but the most important of all though is the fact that Ive mastered having so many special people in my life.

My Life Coach back in Europe that I was working with while there, introduced me to a topic, unknown to me at the time, and something that Ive mentioned in a previous posting; THE PORTFOLIO CAREER.

Apparently many people are getting into it. Its that many people are faced with the same situation that I am – the love of many different areas. I love many things and Im interested in more, which Ive not even come to yet. I try them all when they come into my life as I don’t believe that any stone should be unturned when searching for your passion. The portfolio career is based on various income streams in various areas. So you can become a therapist on Saturdays (should you have the studies) and then a fitness instructor in the mornings and afternoon, and work as a Banker from Monday to Friday. You can also have a hobby like cooking that encourages you to create your own recipes and change others, ultimately getting you to write a cookbook, and then also perhaps find time in between all this to actually write a blog, spend time with friends and do things that are not income streams but still part of your life as a person.

Ive always been interested in various things, but never as much as I have been over the past 5-10 years. This is when I left the entertainment industry and started the journey, I suppose, without realizing it back then, on discovering what I am, who I am and where I want to go. I think this is worth research, and research I do. I am still in a job that I don’t like, but I am researching the other possibilities that allow me my various outlets of my artistic side.

I am a mentor and I am a good friend as well as being a human being and a mess at times. I have good days and bad days and to make me all the more human – I snore and I fart! But inside me there is a heart the size of Africa, with a spirit as old as Europe and the energy the size of the Americas. I sometimes think my brain is the size of Ibiza, yet I know for all these things to happen in this body of mine, there must be some good that comes out of Ibiza, and powerful enough to keep it working, moving and being strong.

Somewhere in this world of mine I know I will find the clues that I seek to help me fulfill my passions, as I do believe there are many, so the Diversity of topics I may write about are the various parts of my world that are more prominent on that particular day. The diversity in career re portfolio career, is something that I aim for.

I love the fact that this was brought up to me because I do write about the various things that I am going through, what I want to do and dreams I want to achieve. Its this diversification that has made me friends with all the special people in my life and the diversity of the friends in themselves, you being one of them and very prominently as well just for making time to read the blog.

I love the diversity in my life, and Im trying to be honest in these diversities that I am challenged with on a day to day basis. It makes for an exciting life albeit lonely at times as I realize while going in search of the things that are making up my autobiography. My autobiography of my life as I live it.

Im looking for the Diversity in my passions to help me create this portfolio career and the various income streams to help me discover more and more of the other diversities that I have yet to encounter.

Maybe I am a Jack of all trades Master of none, but by golly – I love the interesting paths that I encounter along the way in this journey of mine - because more importantly than anything, I am the MASTER of my own world.

3 comments:

  1. Diversity is good, however stabilty seems to be one critieria you lacked to mention. Stability does not mean boring, a grey person.

    A happy life and a happy society needs a mixture of stability and change. Stability gives mental security and comfort. I makes it easier for people to understand what to expect from each other. Without some minimum degree of stability this life will be a chaos, and it will not be possible for large societies to exist.

    CHARLES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Charles. I do however think that stability can be achieved through diversity, in the sense that I am looking for - and I totally agree with you that stability is not meant as a little "grey" boring person.
    I think I am very stable as a person, but that is all relevant to the situation Im in at the time and the supposed security that we have at the time. In todays life it seems that nothing is secure anymore, so your own personal stability is Vital for you to get ahead.
    Im just looking for diversity as in change that makes my life a little more interesting. Its a personal thing Im in search for and I love the interesting things that I do find along the way.
    Stability Rocks! I stand with you on that to the end.
    Diversity, or more of it, is the needle in the hastack, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still doubting yourself? Be strong and trust in you instinct, as thats all you have.

    Wishing you well in your search for all that you are questining. Its a good journey, and you Maurice, are not alone.

    Charles.

    ReplyDelete