my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time is a ticking, tick tock tick tock

We all have time on our side…. Or do we? We take so much for granted, we squander on frivolities and we live like tomorrow will never come. It’s fantastic! Live in the here and now – let bygone’s be bygone’s and whatever cliché there is to be said about time.

Its an interesting topic because I seem to have let time slip through my fingers at certain stages of life. I can’t get it back but I can learn to time manage it in a better way so that I can use it wisely, perhaps not sparingly! I can take time and chew on it and let it quench my thirst at the same time. IT can however give me an upset stomach at times and diarrhea at others. It can make my stomach feel giddied and full of butterflies on occasion but when Im excited I get a strange feeling of nothing! Why is that?

Time is the most important thing in our life - besides the most obvious necessities like food and water – and yet I realize that I don’t use it on myself enough. Do I give of it too sparingly to others and should I hold it back from those who abuse it? How do I know if they need more time and how do I know if I am being abused by it?

So many adverts and discussions on giving money to help so and so in certain times of need and our own family are quick to throw money at certain special occasions that now seem to be so much about what you can buy, not about what thought has gone into it. Would it not be nicer to be aware of the time that you can share with your loved ones? Could you not feel more fulfilled to share your time to the charities and special needs that are in such dire need of people to help? Yes money makes it easier and we all know that it’s a basic staple of today’s living ways, but is it not more humane to be able to take time out and share it with the ones that are in need, be they family or not? Are we not all on this earth at the same time?

What about time wasted, by us and others, on creating problems and interjecting into others lives? Is it fare to be able to upset another human being, to the very core, that it uses up their time on trying to sort out why, where or when this situation was given the fuel to create the raging fire? Are we using our time to try control the time of others and why would we want to feel that power over another in any case?

It’s been done to me, just recently, and I realized after much time being upset that the brain drain it caused me was not worth it as I can’t stop what others say about me. I cannot stop them wasting their time on trying to ruin my life and anyway, it’s my time to use as I choose and I choose not to waste any more time on what is said through being upset! Unfortunately there are others that do believe that the time is not wasted because its possibly what they are looking for as an answer in their lives. To be downright mean!

This weekend a dear new friend was telling me about her horror stories of another trying to interfere in her life. IT really upset her and it was uncomfortable for me to not be able to do anything about it. I realized I can’t do anything about it because the new friend has to come to terms with the time being spent by herself, on giving this problem her attention! I could only offer the advice of not indulging into the topic and wasting her time in the process.
With so much of this type of thing happening in the world through friends, foes, press and television is it not about time that in 2010 we start looking towards how we can use our time to help others by giving of our time? It saddens me that people are getting hurt because we are so selfish, perhaps jealous, to not take note on the time we use to hurt others!

I think the motivation for all of us this week is to take note on the time we waste on the things we don’t want to do, on the people we hurt and on the things we are really missing all because we don’t manage our own time. Then again it is our time to use as we want…

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

1 comment:

  1. Tick Tock...


    Time used to get angry, cause harm, get even, destroy, spread un-thruth's, be negative, etc just destroys that person.

    Its nature, that one person must be the leader, however this must be balanced, however its a leader who will show the way. not dictate the way. A leader should be humble, strong and wise.

    Time taken out to listen, to think of others is time well spend.

    Hope you use your time wisely, and the people around you apprecaite this.

    ReplyDelete