my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Seeking Your Passion

Nelson Mandela said to Marianne Williamson: “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.’
What a slap in the face to a reality check when I read those lines. Honest, real and to the point!

Am I living my life accordingly or am I missing the mark by not looking at the reality of what my life could be? I know that I have been on this journey and I am in search of getting to that mark when I know I will be excited again. I know that I have reached my Point A and I am now looking for my point B. I know that I have become a lot happier through sitting still and writing this blog as I have so much inside that just sits there otherwise, and I have taken the brave route of putting it out there and getting fantastic feedback from many people. It’s been a curious time that reminds me of a roller-coaster ride, and dare I say I love this rollercoaster ride, but would like to get to settled ground again and know that I have grown in the process of the ride!

What are you passions and are you living in the order of the passions you have? This was a question that I overheard at a table in a restaurant, which obviously piqued my interest tremendously, so much so that I just had to eavesdrop a little further. Between the hustling and bustling noise of the restaurant I understood that you should be looking for 5 passions in your life and then live your life according to those 5 passions.

One of the examples I did get to over hear was about putting someone as more important than yourself to enable you to show true love. The subject was about having a child, for you to realize that you are not as important when you have something like a child to take care of! I didn’t think it was a very good example as I know many excellent parents that still follow their passions without having less or more love for their children. In all fairness I did only hear parts of the whole conversation so can’t be too sure if this was an actual example being used to help the lady being spoken to get to her passions.

It did however get me thinking; what are my 5 passions? Do I need to have 5 passions and is it important to have something that is more important in my life than me?
What I do know is that I need to be living my life according to the passions I have. Perhaps I need to classify the importance of my passions to have a look at their importance’s in my life and if I am living accordingly to the order-importance of the passions. Perhaps I am trying too hard in certain areas and not getting the returns I need to be happy in that area? If I challenge myself with these orders perhaps I can change the way my life is lived.

Interesting things you read and then also over-hear in restaurants and coffee shops.

I do think that if I lived my life according to the importance of my passions I will probably find that I would actually change the way I live and probably be so much happier. Perhaps that is the way to find my Point B and get me there quickly.

Am I playing too small and not getting the best results that I should be getting, by not playing bigger? What am I capable of? Strangely Ive never posed that question to myself as I do think the human as a whole is capable of anything. I am capable of anything as are we all, but it’s the intention of each of us that is different and the end results being so different. I do understand the intention of Mr. Mandela’s statement and get excited thinking about the countless possibilities still to be achieved in my life.

I do need to think bigger and I do need to take note of the importances of my passions. It’s no use getting a mediocre result when I should be getting a fantastic result. The results are for me, for my life and for my journey.

Perhaps I need to work harder at seeking my passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment