my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our life’s story

Each and every one of us has a story to tell. Our friends tell us what happened in their day, the ladies go to tea to discuss what they are doing with themselves and children create stories to make their lives a little more interesting. We all have a story to tell.

Now look at your life and think about all the stories you have to tell of things that have happened in your life. Look at what the story was – it probably had a start, middle and an end. It may have been a funny thing that happened when you were at school or a sad story of something you experienced and an interesting story of how you came out of a situation that was rough. We all have many stories to tell.

We are all living our own Autobiography. We may not think that it’s as interesting as many of the famous ‘autobiographies’ that we see, hear about and read but it is unique, because its our own autobiography. We are living it as we walk, talk, breath, eat or sleep. We always have something to say to our friends, to our family or to our children and it’s a real story that we have lived through, experienced and talked about, no matter how trivial or how grand it was.

As children many of us would have a diary where we wrote of about our day's happenings. It was a journal of our life as we were living it. As we get older we find that we have less time to do this and so many of the things go un-noted, and many times forgotten, until something triggers that particular story to bring it back into our conscious mind again.

Think back to the 'old days' when that generation would tell stories thus passing them on from generation to generation; some wonderful stories that in our modern day life-style we tend to forget or not continue telling and thus they get lost. From many of these stories we can learn a lesson or get an idea or perhaps even find a solution to a modern day challenge. Some stories we hold close to our hearts and they ring true to us in our everyday lives.

Ive found that by writing down the stories that happen to me, the challenges and the difficulties, I seem to come out feeling better. I get the difficulties off my chest to release them from my soul and I have a chuckle as I remember a sweet story and what happened in the situation. Its also a great way to have a look at it on paper, and often enough help you see it in a different light. They are also great to go back to - to re-read and remember. In the difficult times they become a companion to us to see what has happened, what we have achieved and often to show us that things are not as dire as they may seem while we are living the experience.

When I am angry or need to get something off my chest that is building up, I write it down and then burn the pages. My ritual, that I probably don’t do as often as I should, but I still do it and it feels like finality has been achieved to whatever it may be that I want to release.

I remember taking a few hours to write a letter, pre computers and email. It was a fantastic way of sharing what was happening in my life with friends and loved ones. Hand written letters with spelling mistakes and many times illegible because I would get so excited about what I was writing, or a story that I was telling. Even then we had a story to tell, and now we also have stories to tell, but we use the computers to do it with and the youngest schoolboy now probably types quicker than what a normal secretary would do in the old days when type writing. How times have changed, but how many stories are still the same, just a different place and time, with different participants.

I think its good to write these stories down. I think its good to also write down what it is you want to happen in your life. You are then making your own blue print of how you want your life to go. I believe us all to be natural story tellers but not natural writers so don’t let it stop you if you can’t write - I know I havent loet it stop me. You are the one that needs to understand it and if you are creating the blueprint to your life, you will understand it because it’ll be fresh in your memory and in front of your eyes as you read it.

You can have a start – what you want to achieve.
You can have a middle – what plan you have to make it happen
You can have an end – how did you achieve it, what you are feeling and what did you learn or better still, what plans has it inspired for your next story!
You can create your own life plan and make it work and happen as you see fit.
Perhaps we should all go back to journal writing and re write what we want in our lives.
Perhaps we should make notes of our life as it happens to be able to remind us of all we have achieved, when things get rough.
Let’s all take action and lets all start writing our life as we want it to be.


"Write for the pleasure of writing. As the pen traces out words on the paper, your anguish disappears and your happiness remains. For this to happen, it is necessary to have the courage to look deep inside yourself." – Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment