my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Euphoric

One of the things Ive noticed lately with all the things I go through in my mind is that I seem to think, re-think and still re-think things over and over again. I try looking at the situations in my life from my point of view from others point of view and then I try look at it from a point of view of someone who does not know me or the situation. Its not easy, but it does become quite creative in seeing the same challenge from different perspectives, and its even more amazing how your own point of view can be influenced by these types of ‘viewings’.

Challenges are not bad, as much as we hate them. Challenges help us see our demons as well as our guardian angels. Challenges help us evolve as human beings and grow up. Look at all the challenges we faced as children – just the mere fact that we wanted to walk and not crawl was a challenge. We would get up and fall down, get up again and fall down again, until we started getting to grips with gravity and balance. Then the challenge was not a challenge anymore and we moved on to perhaps learning how to walk quickly without falling, and then perhaps try running.

We are faced with challenges every single day. Some are hard, some are easy, some make us stress while others leave us feeling fantastic. How different would life be if we did not have these challenges? Imagine your life, where everything was easy to achieve, not a challenge and as you thought it you got it? Would that not leave us all a little dull? What would be the value of life if everything was served on a silver platter, or gold, if that’s what you wished?

The World Cup Football matches have been fantastic to watch. I used to play a little football in my youth so I get excited when I am able to watch professionals doing something that they love and also doing it so well. This World Cup has already shown many surprises in the results that are coming in daily and each and every team is pulling their weight to try achieving the trophy of trophies!

We as onlookers set a lot of expectation in the team of our choice, be it the country that you belong to or just the team that you favor in general. Many of the onlookers I have observed have high expectations of previous winners and previous teams. Is this a good thing or a bad thing Im not sure, but I do know that from the experiences that the lesser teams have gained through previous matches, the surprises are coming fast and furious. These lesser teams have had to face challenges not only through perhaps constantly loosing to better teams at the time, but have had the determination to continue training and push forward to perhaps loose time and time again, until such time as they surprise everyone else.

I think these highlight experiences in football are so apt for our everyday lives. We strive; we loose some we win some, but the hard workers and perseverer’s are the ones that come out at the top. Sometimes the underdog has a great wealth of knowledge that still needs to be shared and they become the top dog because of all the challenges they have had to face. Should we be looking at them in a lower light while they are down, and looking at the top dogs in a better light while they are up?

I do know that good results are achieved through constant challenges and constant hard work to move forward. I think we should enjoy the euphoria of the situation while it lasts and I think we should not try recreating the situation, as it will never be the same. It can’t be, because time is what gets in the way and the challenges are different.

Sometimes through all my thinking and re-thinking I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders because I do want everything to be just right, but its not always up to me, and the situation may not allow for it to be that way in the future. On other days I feel like the weight of the world has been sucked into a black hole within the universe and I awake feeling euphoric, for no known reason whatsoever. At times I try analyze these sudden euphoric feelings, as a football team would analyze their previous losses, and at others I just enjoy them whole-heartedly.

I realized suddenly this morning that these euphoric feelings are a gift to be enjoyed and not analyzed. I need to enjoy the moment for what it is and allow myself to enjoy them as they come because tomorrow is another day with different results surely to be prominent. Perhaps this is what is meant by living in the moment as the football players do when they score a goal or win the World Cup.

For some unknown reason I suddenly felt a sense of Euphoria this morning when I woke up. Im not analyzing it but actually enjoying it and its given me the greatest pleasure to be able to share it with everyone.

Enjoy every moment while you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Why do we desire power? We desire power because power allows us to capture what we love, to hold onto what we love, to rid of what we hate, and to avoid what we hate. We don't desire powerlessness because powerlessness does not allow us to capture what we love, doesn't allow us to hold onto what things we love, doesn't allow us to rid of what we hate, and doesn't allow us to avoid what we hate. All creatures want the power to shape the world in a way that gives them pleasure. Some people want to shape the world in similar/compatible ways (friends/comrades/countrymen), and others want to shape the world in different/incompatible ways (enemies/competitors). When you have the power to shape an aspect of the world as you wish, your friends(those who want to shape the world in the same way as you) view your power as a blessing; but your enemies (those who want to shape the world in a different way than you) view your power as a threat. It is your enemies, and your enemies alone who view your power as "wrong". The only people who fear your power and call it evil, are those people who desire a different world than you do. Those with different values than you. Those who do not desire the world that you desire

    CHARLES

    ReplyDelete