my pics

my pics
True happiness shared!

Friday, June 25, 2010

The seeds of life being planted

We find all sorts of seeds being planted in our lives on a day to day basis. This is a process I refer to often. Think of yourself as the farmer who works the seed process.

The farmer

The farmer stands facing his land, the sun is rising in the east and the cocks are crowing all around him. Its spring and work needs to be done.
A farmer needs to first work the soil to get it to a good quality soil. This is done through toiling the soil, watering the soil and fertilizing the soil. The farmer needs to work his soil to aerate it. The farmer will do this process for a while before he is happy that it is ready. Sometimes its more difficult because a drought has dried the soil, or a black frost has covered the land. The ground may be hard and very dry and the farmer needs to toil and toil and toil – aerating all the time to get the ground loose and viable. The farmer works meticulously to make sure his soil is aerated. He does all the right things to ensure a healthy happy soil.

Once the farmer is happy with his soil preparation, he sets to work. He plans how he will grow his crop and in which patches he will grow what crop. He may even measure the distances between the seeds that he needs to plant, giving him an idea of how much he can grow over his land. He then starts his planting. Meticulously working and planting until his seeds are all planted.

He may need to fertilize some seeds more, but in general he will need to ensure that they are watered. The watering will help the seeds germinate and with a little luck he may even have a helping hand from nature, with a daily rain pour which will water his seeded ground as nature intended. Pretty soon the plants break ground as the seedlings curl their heads upwards, start stretching their stork spines and start the growing process of reaching for the sky.

Pretty soon the stalks are stretched tall and healthy and near fruit. The farmer looks at the land and smiles when the fruit is ready, as his hard work has paid off. He now starts to harvest his crop, sell it to the markets and soon, will start the whole process again as a new season enters and new crops get planted.

Occasionally the farmer has a bad season, because of a drought or even a flooding. Sometimes unexpected locusts attack or ants eat the roots. But it will pass and it will start anew again.


The analogy of the farmer is one I use often. It fits into many situations of everyday life. You can be the farmer working at your job, to bear the fruits thereof. I used to use it to train my staff teaching them how they need to work their prospects and nurture them through properly so that they can eventually bear the fruits that will carry them a long way.

Today I use it in the sense of how I look at the land as my life. I’ve been working the land, feeding it and watering it to get it to a point of seeding it for the future. Often I think the seeds are already planted and laying dormant for a good watering, and the processes I have been going through in my life sure makes me feel like I am at that stage of the farming process already. With hard work comes a lot of luck and I am starting to feel like my own self discovery is bearing fruit and a lot of seeds planted will bear more fruit as I continue.

Life is not always perfect, but it sure is exhilarating to feel like a farmer again with a new season ahead to nourish and strive towards a successful harvest.

Im harvesting my life! Try it, you may just like it!

3 comments:

  1. STOP dwelling on the past. The past is history. You can't change the past. Whether it be a divorce, job loss or something else, let it go. When you focus your energy on the past, you rob yourself of joy.

    DON'T worry about the future. The future is a mystery. Why concern yourself with what may or may not happen? Such thinking gives rise to fear, stress and anxiety.

    ACCEPT what is. The present moment is a gift. You're not where you are by accident. You're in this present moment by Divine Design. Discover the beauty in it. And be thankful.

    BE aware of your choices. The moment you're in right now is the result of choices you've made. Want the future to be even better than your present? Then make choices NOW that are in alignment with your greater good.

    OPEN up and receive. The Universe is offering you lessons in this moment. Be open and receptive to those lessons. Master those lessons. Everything you want, need or desire is in you and around you - in this moment


    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Charles on this one, you do seem to be very focused on the future and not the present. I may be wrong, but you do make things complicated for yourself. You will probably disagree with my comment and Charles comments.

    TRACY

    ReplyDelete
  3. no disagreement what so ever! Totally right about me focusing on the future, as I am! I am very thankful for where I have gotten mself and I give thanks daily for the gifts I am receiving. I am learning on a daily basis and Yes, the universe is most definately showing me the way - everyday!
    Thats why I am choosing happiness and planing for a tomorrow filled with todays joys, lessons, and love.
    Thanks Guys!

    ReplyDelete